Friday 20 July 2007

Heartfelt Plea to Blogmeister

I have received the following letter from a local businessman which we think deserves reproducing in full,

"Dear Blogmiester,

I don't know where to start, but I'm sitting here on a nice summer's day, wondering what to do with my shop 'Chimneys R Us'.

As some of you may know, I offer a first class chimney sweeping service to the people of Saltburn. I've been open for 3 months now and haven't had a single customer. Yes, that's right not a single customer has seen fit to bring their chimney into the shop to take advantage of our excellent service. I've not had a wage in all this time and frankly it's putting my health at risk.

People say 'Don't close Eddy' but a lot of these people don't use the shop. It will be sad if I have to leave, but I think I'll be gone by Christmas.'

Yours sincerely, Eddy Bellend of 'Chimneys R Us'."

So come on Salburners, take your chimneys in to Eddy!

Love, Bwian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't Eddy try a mobile chimney sweeping service? Home visits are all the rage in the insertions business, particularly in the bedroom, of course.