Monday 11 June 2007

Spirit matters II

How did you become a Christian?

One night I went to a meeting where the preacher asked anyone to come forward who was interested in becoming a Christian. I went forward not to become a Christian but to demonstrate to everyone at church that god did not really exist, as I did not believe at that time. As I went forward I said to god, "If you are real, prove yourself to me." As I said that, I felt a bolt of electricity go through my body, which I believe was god's power working for the first time in my life. From that moment my desires changed, and I've followed Jesus ever since.

Shortly afterwards the entire church burnt down due to an electrical fault.

(Editor's note: if this happens to you please contact a qualified electrician as soon as possible.)

No comments: